Thursday, February 17, 2011

Role Reversal

                I realize that so far all of my posts have been somewhat relevant to either what’s going on currently in the world (mainly Dallas, TX) or about the blog itself. However, today I will be going on a rant completely irrelevant to the world’s problems. I mean they might be more important than what I have to say here, but this is a real problem too people!

                It was brought to my attention today that humanity is lacking real men. No, not physically- emotionally. Believe it or not this was brought to my attention by a man! Meaning… there are some real problems here. Yes, I understand that in today’s society women are more independent then before and I understand that women tend to be more proud when it comes to a man helping her with something. But… men shouldn’t think that because women are more independent they should become dependent! It’s not like a get out of jail free card- it just doesn’t work that way. Women still want a man who can provide for the family, or take them out on nice dates once in a while, or even stand up for their woman when she needs standing up for.

                Now I do get the fact that there are different viewpoints about what a real man is, and I’m not going to sit here and define them. Surprisingly I have better things to do. But I will tell you what a real man is not! Yes I have time for that. Men are NOT supposed to constantly whine and moan about their problems. Granted, sometimes a man does need to talk about something serious and a woman is always there to listen, and will offer some advice too. But here’s the thing- women love to talk, but they like to talk about them, not about how depressed their man is that his friend beat him in fantasy football. Ladies, if he is still playing fantasy football, you’ve got a lot more problems than him whining. As I was saying, it’s the woman’s job to whine and moan about their day. She is suppose to come home and tell a man that her feet got blisters from her new shoes (this is where the man is suppose to sit her down and massage her feet ) or that her best friend is dating her ex boyfriend (he means nothing to her now but it still breaks the girl code. Plus who wants sloppy seconds?) It’s the man’s job to pretend like he’s listening and make her laugh- not the other way around!!!

                Another thing men do now-a-days is they always find a way to seek validation. It is as if they are insecure when they have nothing to be insecure about. When a woman likes or loves a man, she does everything possible to make her man happy; even if it means going out of her way to do so. She will give a man subtle hints that she was thinking of him throughout the day and she will want him to respond to them- even if it takes some time for him to figure them out. Women know men are a little slow at those things! So men, there is no need to be sensitive when your girl tells you she is going out with some friends (this includes guy friends). She knows her limits- chill out!

                I hope this brought some enlightenment into all of your souls. That is all I have to say about this topic. For now anyways! Got any comments to make? Feel the need to get a new best friend by subscribing? Do what you gotta do!

Remember: This glass is always half full! Half empty ones can go find somewhere else to dwell.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Your best post yet!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this. Although it did seem a little like it was attacking men... Not complaining, just an observation. Keep the good work up and I look forward to reading your next post. :]

Anonymous said...

Metro, girly men are so annoying. You're right, we want men like our daddies - strong, rugged men. Boys- if you take longer than me to get ready, we're not going out.

Anonymous said...

I get that women need to feel pampered, but men are allowed to be human too. "it’s the woman’s job to whine and moan about their day" I dont think it makes them any less manly if they are able to be honest with their women and tell them how they genuinely feel about their day, which may include complaining or "whining and moaning". Give a guy a little break :) its a good thing he's able to talk so openly with you!

Extra Pulp said...

I never said men aren't allowed to feel human; it is after all human nature to want to talk to someone about their problems. This post wasn't meant to attack all men; I wrote this for the men who are constantly complaining, the men who take longer than a woman to get ready, or even the men who seek constant attention (the clingy ones). Being open and honest with a woman is completely different than whining about how they lost at Modern Warfare. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “misery loves company”, right? That’s all these men are looking for- company for their misery.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pulp- I like your response above!

Post a Comment