Friday, May 11, 2012
First off, I’d like to take a moment and apologize to my beloved readers for not posting for oh-so long. I know you guys have been DYING to read about the wonderful journeys and experiences I’ve had the last 6 months of my life. However, I do plan on updating all of you on my exciting adventures AND keeping it up during the summer! Hooray, everyone join in and clap for celebration!!!
MY FIRST PLANE RIDE!
Ah yes, the very beginning of 2012 was the first time I had the opportunity to get on to a plane and fly off to a different land far far away! When I got to far far away I landed in about 12 inches of snow- it was my first time seeing that much snow in my entire life too.
Here are some of my experiences in this far far away land:
1. I rode the local train system all around town. This was quite an experience since I live in a town where people rely on cars to get around, not the transit system. Although, the local transportation system is attempting to change that, it’s got a couple of years of work before that happens!
2. Got to sit in the audience of THE BLUE MAN GROUP! It was seriously an experience of a lifetime and any of you who haven’t seen it yet, must go NOW!!
3. Had some AMAZING deep dish pizza! No lie, it was delicious. I wish I had access to some now actually!
4. Shopped in little India and had some bomb ass Masala Dosa. The desi (Indian) in me never leaves!
5. Saw one of the most famous baseball stadiums of all time! I wish we were able to tour it though, that would’ve been awesome.
6. Shopped in a real H&M store- not like the overpriced ones in Dallas.
7. AND I stayed at a hotel on one of the most famous street in the city! SWAG
MY FIRST INTERNSHIP!
So as you all know (or about to find out), I am currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Public Relations and Advertising and have completed my minor in English! Yeah, I’m pretty awesome, I know. Anywhooo, to have a successful career in the future I began my search for an internship and landed one at… The DALLAS OBSERVER! If you live in Dallas and have no idea what that is, you’re living in a box and you need to go look it up. For those of you who don’t live in Dallas- it’s one of the local papers. :)
I had an absolutely amazing experience working there. I was able to learn how the paper generateI s money, I had the opportunity to do the write ups for some of the postings that went onto the website, and I got to work 3 events- 2 of which are their big events for the year 1) The St. Pats Concert with Ryan Bingham and 2) Iron Fork.
For those of you who haven’t had an opportunity to intern during your time in college YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST. I promise you, no matter where you intern, it will help you!!
MY SECOND TRIP TO ANOTHER FAR FAR AWAY LAND!
This trip consisted of a little less snow and a little more heat! During spring break, I went to the awesome city of MIAMI! This trip was in-freaking-sane!!
Here are some of the details of the awesomeness of it:
1. My first time walking, laying, playing on the beach. I mean I had been to Galveston beach before, but that doesn’t count. This was an actual beach with an ocean and everything. It was beautiful!! Aside from the naked men and women I had to see while there, of course.
2. The nightlife. WOW. As I stood in the middle of one of the HOTTEST clubs in Miami, I looked around, and then I looked at the time, and was baffled. It was 3:30 am… everyone was dancing… the music was bumpin… and I was getting tired. HELLO, it’s 3:30 am and you expect me to party till 5 am?! How is this even possible?! Nevertheless, I did it for 4 nights, survived it, and LOVED IT. After all, it was spring break!
3. Accessible sushi at all hours of the day. One night (or 4) we had sushi at 5 am. A girl gets hungry after all that dancing! One of the nicest places we ate was Mushi Mushi- the little Asian lady there is SO sweet! Definitely will be visiting her again when I go back.
4. Calle-Ocho. The BIGGEST block party in the U.S. Okay, I must admit, it wasn’t all that great as I expected it to be, but it was fun. We ran into this sweet couple who helped us get there, told us more about the festival and even bought us food while we were there. If it wasn’t for them, we would’ve regretted going to check out the festival.
5. Other random adventures included: learning that the bus system does not follow the schedule, eating awesome food on Ocean Drive- JOHNNY ROCKETS HAS THE BEST BURGERS EVER, finding Krispy Kreme donuts in the middle of the night, partying with Luda Chris, and much more.
MY LAST SEMESTER AS A JUNIOR!
This past semester, school wise, was fantastic. I had great professors and learned so much about the field I am going into. I also came to learn a valuable lesson that, professors are there to help you further your career path as well as help you learn about it. What I mean by that is that professors were once in the same field that you want to be in. They’ve had the hands on experience you’re trying to get and they have large networks of professionals in the field too! TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!
Last, but not least.
MY NEW CAR!
I finally got a new car. With the help of my awesome parents and Mr. Big- I am now the new owner of a sexy Hyundai Tiburon GT and I LOVE IT. I will leave you with a picture of it, because that is all you need.
Posted by Extra Pulp at 5/11/2012 02:56:00 PM